All volunteers interested in coaching or involved with any recreational sport activities are required to submit a background check. There are no exceptions. We encourage a safe environment for all of our program participants.
Background checks are valid for 3 years and need to be renewed on the third anniversary date of initial background check. The West Milford Community Services and Recreation Department maintains an updated list of participants with current and expired background checks.
NEW COACHES BACKGROUND CHECK PROTOCOL
1. Pick up individualized form at the Recreation Center and see Liz Pordon to obtain the background check form. The Recreation Center is located at 66 Cahill Cross Road, West Milford NJ 07480.
2. Schedule fingerprinting session with an authorized facility. (Parsippany/Paramus/Sparta locations are closed)
Allow at least a week to schedule the slot- cost is $21.41
3. Results of fingerprinting take about a week
4. No need to complete online background check via link referenced below if picking up individual forms from the Recreation Center.
RETURNING COACHES PREVIOUSLY FINGERPRINTED AND APPROVED PROTOCOL
1. Follow link below to have background check completed. This is required every three years.